Baked MacaroniFrom Mayo Clinic
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 box (7 ounces) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (15 ounces) reduced-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a nonstick frying pan, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Add the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce to the meat and onions. Stir to mix evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake until bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Divide the spaghetti among individual plates. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
To view the nutritional value of this dish, click here.