The Ability Walk
See the Ability, not the Disability Walk, Ride, or Roll!
Rockcastle Regional is looking forward to celebrating people of all walks of life and their abilities, and learning about any barriers our VIP children or adults may have, as well as teaching other adults and children about these barriers and how they can interact and be friends with all everyone! Join us for our Awareness Walk, Ride, or Roll on Sunday, June 13, 2021 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. at Rockcastle County High School.
Your VIP child or adult will participate in crossing the finish line by wheelchair, being held, walking, running, or any way they’d like! Come play some games, get involved in some sensory activities, face painting, tie dye, and even order dinner from some food trucks! All our activities are geared towards our VIP participants’ interests and abilities – so please join us so we can learn and see the abilities, not the disabilities!
For more information, call Kayla Prewitt at 606-256-7767.
- VIP Participants receive a custom race t-shirt to tie dye, a goodie bag, and a medal
- Kids receive a custom race t-shirt to tie dye and a goodie bag
- Adults receive a custom race t-shirt
- All proceeds from the Ability Walk will benefit Rockcastle Regional’s Miracle Fund to purchase equipment for children!
County-Wide Stride Participants:
- Strides series participants can walk or run laps at the 1/4 mile bus loop during the event, or participate virtually
- Event counts as race 6 of 13 in the 2021 race series
If you need a sponsorship for your VIP child and family, please call Kayla Prewitt at 606-256-7767.
If you'd like to sponsor a VIP child and/or family to attend, please consider adding a donation to your registration.