Description: Rockcastle Regional Hospital is seeking a full time Intake Coordinator. Job duties include:
- Completes assessment of patients being referred to hospital to determine patients’ clinical needs and appropriateness of admission.
- Able to review and present admission analysis, referral analysis, needs of referral contacts, and how to meet these needs.
- Communicates regularly with discharge planners at area hospitals to facilitate referrals.
- Work with Clinical departments to coordinate admissions and discharges.
- Observes confidential nature of patient and/or organizational business.
- Greater than 70% of time will be travelling to referring facilities.
Full time benefits include: medical/dental/vision/life insurance, vacation/sick/personal time off, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, and onsite child care center.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field with previous experience in payer knowledge and discharge planning
- Previous experience in Long-term care and intake referrals a plus
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and word processing
- Proof of current valid driver’s license